Google has updated its search algorithm again, naming the update Penguin. Internet marketing consultants with integrity are rejoicing. Why? There are a few great reasons.
1. Penguin punishes sites that use keyword stuffing. From Google.com: "Keyword stuffing" refers to the practice of loading a webpage with keywords in an attempt to manipulate a site's ranking in Google's search results. Filling pages with keywords results in a negative user experience, and can harm your site's ranking. Focus on creating useful, information-rich content that uses keywords appropriately and in context.
2. Penguin punishes sites that use link schemes. From Google.com: Some link schemes can include:
- Links intended to manipulate PageRank
- Links to web spammers or bad neighborhoods on the web
- Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging ("Link to me and I'll link to you.")
- Buying or selling links that pass PageRank
3. Google REWARDS sites that improve usability, offer great content, and are fast. Here at BigThinkery, this is what we do!
We help our clients to create good site design, great architecture and solid content. We believe in building sites with integrity and don't work with companies who rely on these schemes to try and build page rank.
Google is rewarding smart marketing and seo. This is great for the future of the web search!