Yesterday I spoke with a friend of mine who owns a small business. Like a lot of us just starting out, she understands the puropse of online marketing and believes in the importance of it, but is just starting out and doesn't have a marketing budget. I thought I'd share a 5 of the marketing solutions that we discussed.
1. Blog. The best way to gain search engine ranking and to get found online is to blog. Search engines love fresh content and blogging is the best way to create that content. Post real, relevant content.
2. Get on Twitter. Spend as little as 10 minutes a day answering questions relevant to your field. Be helpful and kind. This is a great way to build relationships with potential customers and partners.
3. Post to Facebook. Push your new blog articles to facebook (and twitter). Interact with your customers and potential customers on Facebook. Have facebook specific offerings. Build a community of loyal customers who will keep coming back and will refer friends and family to your business.
4. Create a Call to Action. Create an offering on your site that will give your visitors something of value and will entice them to enter their contact information. If you get that information, you can begin communicating with them and in time they will become your customer!
and (last but not least)
5. Create an email marketing campaign! Sometimes email marketing can get lost in the shuffle. Email marketing is a great way to keep an open line of communication with a customer.
Of course these are just a few things you can do. We at Big Thinkery puts these tools (and others) through the Hubspot methodology to work for your site to create a comprehensive marketing strategy. Contact us if you think this is something you think would work for your business!